Antipasto Pasta Salad

Last Sunday, Issac and I have gone for a picnic at West Kowloon to celebrate our three month. We tried to do something different and escaped from our daily routine Indeed it was quite nice! Weather was great, food was great, company was great, but I guess I am just not an outdoor person. I need the AC and shades!! Next time, I will explore somewhere with tree and shades…

I have prepared an antipasto pasta salad for the picnic. It is flavorful with a combination of salami, sausage, cheese and mixed vegetables. It is definitely recommended for a picnic or healthy lunchbox! (It has almost 1000 ratings on all recipes!!)




My edits:
  1. I have used Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegrette salad dressing instead of making my own dressing. You may refer to the original recipe to look up the balsamic dressing recipe as well.
  2. I have substituted green peppers with yellow peppers with a sweeter taste.



Recipes adopted from allrecipes
Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients

1 pound seashell pasta
1/4 pound Genoa salami, chopped
1/4 pound pepperoni sausage, chopped
1/2 pound Asiago cheese, diced
1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegrette Salad dressing


Directions

1.          Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.

2.          In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Taste with S&P and salad dressing. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.



0 comments:

Post a Comment